As you are aware the CDC and other health organizations are responding to the disease that is called Coronavirus or COVID-19 that started in China in late 2019 and has now spread to the US.
We will post updates here as developments occur.
As of March 16, 2020
Procedures in Place
- Facility command center is open and having daily calls to monitor COVID-19
- Implemented HICS (Hospital Incident Command System)
- Posted Signage around all facilities
- Have completed table-top drill to prepare for any potential case
- Working with and following all recommendations from CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) CMS (Centers of Medicare and Medicated Services) and ODH (Ohio Department of Health)
- Taking temperatures, completing survey and tracking all individuals in the facility (For all essential personnel and essential health care providers that are allowed in the building)
- Developed, trained and implemented a Coronavirus Person Under Investigation (PUI) Case Report in PCC. Any resident with respiratory/ Flu like symptoms will get screened with this tool. We monitor the PUIs evaluations daily.
- Trained all environmental services staff on proper cleaning methods and chemicals to be used
Current Operation Plan and Care Plan
- Zero visitors – exception being end of life (1 visitor at a time and only allowed into resident’s room)
- Residents will be restricted from communal activities
- Residents will maintain psychosocial well-being
- Residents will be provided 1:1 activities and meals by essential healthcare personnel
- Residents will be provided 1:1 opportunity to go outside provided weather permitting
- Residents will be provided 1:1 activities in accordance to their preferences by healthcare personnel
Virtual Family Visitation
We regret restrictions on visitation have become necessary because of the COVID-19 outbreak. In lieu of person-to-person visits, families are encouraged to:
- Use virtual communication, such as Facetime®, Zoom® or Snapchat®
- Telephoning your loved one
- Sending cards and letters